19 January 2011

The Road Full of Promise

Life goes on as it must. I wish I could say that things are getting better, but they aren't, not really. Oh well...I will take it one day at a time. And thanks to the awesome support I've been getting from friends and family, I think I will come through this ok. :) What is going to happen will happen...I have no other choice but to sit back and wait. (Anyone who knows me well will know how incredibly frustrating this is for me! I am not patient!)

I'm back in the UK. I flew from BWI last night, arrived at Heathrow by 9AM, and was back in my flat by 11:30. I had a good cry for about half an hour (pathetic, I know, but I had to begin the rather emotionally devastating process of unpinning photos from my bulletin board, which necessitated a bout of crying), went to Sainsbury's for groceries, and then high-tailed it over to Regent's Park for XC practice.

Fun Fact:
In the recent film The King's Speech starring Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush (which I saw recently and, if the Academy has any sense at all, will earn Firth an Oscar), the scene where George VI (Firth) and his speech therapist Lionel Logue (Rush) discuss Edward VIII's impending abdication was filmed in Regent's Park. I see this site every Wednesday (sadly minus the sexiness is that Colin Firth and with considerable less fog (still, I suppose the directors had to let the audience know that they were in London somehow):

Going to XC practice turned out to be a bit of an (overly) ambitious move for me. I made it through the track workout (1400m, 1050m, 700m, 350m) but was slow and tired. :(

Tomorrow it is back to class for, as Chris "the Ingrahammer" dubbed it, 'King's part 2'. I have International Politics of the Middle East from 2 to 5:30. Before that I will most likely be chained in the library doing reading. (I suppose it would be wise to take a day off from running/exercising considering that I've not done so for the last 2 weeks and feel my body is reaching the limits of its endurance. Also considering that I have an 11 mile run on Saturday. Gotta love marathon training!)

Upcoming Events:
January 27: XC race @ Reading
February 3: IPME paper due (Bah...)
February 4: OSINT presentation on crisis in DRC
February 4-6: BUCS XC Championships @ Birmingham

"If you love me let me go
back to that bar in Tokyo
where the demons from my past leave me in peace
I'll be animating every night
the grass will be greener on the other side
and the vampires and werewolves won't seek their teeth
I'm sick of dancing with the beast" - The Wombats, Tokyo

No comments:

Post a Comment