20 January 2011

"It's wild round here, you don't want to spend the night round here"

Did I get to the library today? No. Did I go to class? No. Why?

Two words: stomach flu.

I should have predicted this, of course. I get sick every single time I make a transatlantic flight. I think it has to do with the fact that my already-weak immune system, when faced with the prospect of being surrounded by germ-carrying strangers for 8 hours, simply gives up entirely. At the same time, it doesn't exactly help that I keep forgetting to take 'Airborne' or any of the vitamin C tablets. Er...next time!

Hopefully I'll kick this nasty illness by tomorrow. It is always depressing to set your alarm for 7:30AM, be sick for hours but continue to cling to the delusion that you might manage to salvage the night and be productive the next day, and collapse into bed only to have the alarm go off, reminding you that yes, you were up all night. Instead of the productive day that I had planned, I was instead forced to remain my room all day trying to sleep, read about Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and schedule my workload for the next few weeks. As it turns out, it is perhaps good that I did so because I have a lot more work due than I thought. I have a 3000 word essay and presentation on February 3rd, a 45-minute present on OSINT as applied to the DCR crisis on February 11th, and a 3250 word essay due on February 25th. I also have essays and presentations in March and April, but I would prefer not to list them out as this will serve only to panic me. Oh, and at some point I have to start my dissertation.

It wears me out just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment