31 December 2010


I don't believe in making New Year's Resolutions. By resolving to do a list of things for the rest of the year, without knowing of what the future actually holds, I tend to think that you are setting yourself up for failure. Or perhaps this is simply because I failed every time I made resolutions when I was younger. So this year I've decided to make a list of goals of things that I will (either out of willpower or necessity) or hope to accomplish in 2011.

1. Finish my master's degree in International Relations
2. Successfully write a killer dissertation ('killer' in the sense that it is a stellar piece of academic work as opposed to 'killer' in that writing it almost kills me)
3. Get a job
4. Compete at the British Universities & Colleges Sport's 2011 Cross Country Championship in Birmingham (Feb 2011)
5. Complete my first marathon in Stratford-upon-Avon in May 2011...in under 4 1/2 hours (ideally under 4 but I want to set an achievable goal)
6. Compete in my first duathalon (or) triathalon.
7. Run the Marine Corps Marathon in October 2011 (provided that I don't die doing the Shakespeare Marathon)

8. Get back into horseback riding
9. Travel to Norway, Spain, Italy, and Tunisia (or Israel. Or Egypt)
10. Be a better daughter, girlfriend, and friend
11. Successfully make an excellent, healthy dinner for my boyfriend (that is more sophisticated than 'Cheesy Egg-Bacon pasta'
12. Visit Canterbury
13. Return to Glastonbury
14. Keep up with my healthy eating lifestyle -- and eat less meat

Is fheàrr fheuchainn na bhith san dùil -- Scots-Gaelic for 'It is better to try than to hope'

No comments:

Post a Comment