27 January 2009

Apparently it is snowing hard at home. In fact, my father (and if she were around, my mother) just informed me that there is about two inches of accumulation.

I'm jealous. More so because of the fact that St. Mary's got off school. In the three years that I've attended SMCM, we've gotten off school once. That was when there was supposed to be a massive ice storm (which never happened). Unfortunately, I had pulled an all-nighter to perfect my 15 page history midterm paper that was originally due that day and had to go to work at 7:30am because I was considered essential staff. As it was a Friday, I only missed the one class anyways, which, had it not been cancelled, would have consisted of just handing in the midterm. So, really, the snow day was an inconvenience.

It would have been nice if they had cancelled class during the hurricane in first year. But that would have made too much sense. No, better to let us trek to class in our sodden jeans and flip flops, dodging flying branches and falling trees.

*sigh*

It was positively balmy in Edinburgh today. I went running in shorts and a sweatshirt. I'm in training for the Bupa Great Run in Edinburgh on May 3rd. It is a 10k where the proceeds go to fund Alzheimer's research. I'm not the greatest runner, but I can run 7 miles for a good cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment