10 December 2008

In the past 14 days, I've gotten a grand total of 30 hours of sleep.

In the past 9 days, I've written 54 pages worth of papers, 19 pages of which were written in the last 24 hours.

I think there is something seriously wrong when the amount of pages I am writing far exceeds the amount of sleep I am getting.

On a happier note, I had my last tutorial today. I wrote a 3000 word paper for it last night summing up the Imperial Theme as we had discussed it this past semester. I started the paper at 6:00, took a break at 7pm in order to get a Katy's Cider at my favourite pub, Far From the Madding Crowd, and then went back to work at 8:30. I was finished by 10:30. Not too shabby. The tutorial went well, despite the fact that I had to fight incredibly hard to keep myself from spacing out due to exhaustion. Immediately after, I started work on the integral essay that was due at 3pm. I suppose it is my own fault for having left it so late; however, I had so much other work to do there was no time to start it earlier. Anyways, I finished within by 2:30, which means that I wrote 1960 words on the integration of religious thought and practice in the western church between 1000-1400 in two and a half hours. Also not too shabby.

Tomorrow, I am going to London fairly early in the morning for the Oxford versus Cambridge rugby match. I've been looking forward to it for quite some time, but was doubtful whether or not I was going to be able to go due to the purse situation. However, I now feel that I will be able to spare the 15 pounds that it will cost to get me to London and back, so am going to go. It should be great fun and a well-earned reward for all of the work that I've done this past term.

It's hard to believe that I will be leaving in three days. In fact, I am trying hard not to think about it. I mean, I know that I will be back in Oxford to visit Karen in 44 days, but it still hard. Incidentally, I will be moving in to my flat in Edinburgh in one month's time! I'm living in 5/12 South College Street, Edinburgh. What does this mean? I'm in Flat 12 at 5 South College Street. It is self-catered and I will have 3 other flat-mates. But I am incredibly excited. On to better, colder, more northerly things...

I've recently been thinking more about grad school and have created my short list: (posted in no particular order)
1. University of Oxford
2. University of Edinburgh
3. London School of Economics and Political Science
4. John Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies

It's going to be a stretch, but perhaps I can do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment