03 September 2008

It's hard to believe that in less than 24 hours I will be sitting on a plane, flying across the Atlantic to Great Britain.

I'm (almost) packed, save for a few last minute items, and am now experiencing that odd mixture of nerves and excitement. I think my nerves were exacerbated by the fact that I sat at home all day knowing that everyone at St. Mary's was in class. I never thought that I would miss St. Mary's but now... I've already accepted that it will be different when I come back. I mean, SMCM has already switched from Coke to Pepsi in the vending machines (which, to a self-admitted Diet Coke addict, is one of the greatest tragedies that can occur). If that can happen, than anything can happen. I already know for sure though that no one will really remember who I am. A year is a long time. (Though not really, if one is considering the grand scheme of things.)

My drop-off at Dulles has apparently turned into an all-out family affair. My plane takes off at 9:41pm, but we are leaving Laurel at 3:30 (or earlier, knowing my father). I'm not quite sure why we are leaving so early (since I am only required to be at the airport by 7:00), and all attempts at eliciting an explanation from Dad have received the rather illusive response of "Just bring a book, Rebecca." I am taking this to mean that I am going to spend a good four or five hours in the terminal.

The next time I post, Ill be in England.

No comments:

Post a Comment