09 August 2008

The Plan


I found out today that I got all A's in my summer classes. Which means that I have earned all A's for the past year and a half, and have somewhat convinced myself that I will be able to get into graduate school somewhere. (Hopefully LSE! I'd love to go to graduate school in London!)

Anyways, Dad and I are having an Olympics party and watching the opening ceremonies for Beijing. It is absolutely amazing. Words alone could never adequately express exactly what I am feeling as I watch it. The technology used astounds me and time after time I have found myself asking my father 'How did they do it? Magic?' Of course, magic is not the answer. But still, my mind just can't grasp how an LCD screen could display such crystal-clear images on a grand scale.


The Chinese had a lot to prove with these games, especially since it is the first one that they have been allowed to hold in the entirety of their history. The grandeur and scale of their opening ceremonies is a sign to the world that have risen to the challenge and performed admirably. What remains to be seen is whether or not the rest of the games will flow as seamlessly.

Seriously. If you haven't seen the opening ceremonies, YouTube it.

(Picture source: http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41439000/jpg/_41439385_opening_416.jpg}

No comments:

Post a Comment