14 November 2008

Fifth week is over (thank god!) and I'm leaving for Stansted airport in half an hour. From there, it's on to Perugia, Italy. We will land around 11, take the bus into Perugia city centre and then head off to Assisi. I visited the Basilica in 11th grade, so it will be interesting to see how my memory of the place compares with reality. All I know is that it made a lasting impact on me. We are spending all of Saturday in Rome (another place I've been and loved). We are hitting up the major sites as Elysa and Tony have never been, and are visiting Basilica de Santa Maria della Concezione (aka the bone church) in order to fulfill my morbid fascination with obscure European burial practices. Sunday morning will be spent roaming around Perugia before we head back to London.


I am not sure if I am going with the best group in the world (Tony, Brad, and Elysa) or the worst. Either way, we are going to have one hell of a trip. Of that I am entirely certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment